Transaction Coordinator / Sales Support
About The Team
We are a team of five seasoned mortgage professionals in Port Townsend, WA. Our passion is helping families accomplish their dream of owning a home. We operate in a relaxed yet professional environment and embrace a culture that promotes learning, collaboration, and excellence. We are honored to be the number one lender in Jefferson County, WA.
The Transaction Coordinator plays an important role in supporting our loan officers and making sure our customers, real estate agents, and referral partners have a five-star experience. This person will take much of the burden off the shoulders of our loan officers so they spend less time handling administrative chores and more time helping families.
The Transaction Coordinator will manage email, answer phones, gather paperwork, maintain calendar to meet deadlines, and own the disclosure process for our customers. They will assist customers in collecting paperwork, deliver customer gifts, and maintain electronic files in our database.
Utilizing proven processes and procedures, the Transaction Coordinator will keep the entire train on the track and ensure that customers reach the correct station on time.
- The successful Transaction Coordinator will have excellent communication skills. This person will regularly correspond with customers and referral partners via text, phone, email, and/or video. They will need to master the art of patiently and politely instilling urgency. Reasonably solid grammar and spelling should be used to communicate both succinctly and effectively.
- Solid technical skills are a must! We spend all day in front of a computer. While the Transaction Coordinator probably won't have experience with the exact databases and systems we use (they're specific to the mortgage industry), they should be comfortable entering information into a database, using common Windows programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), navigating the Internet and social media, and learning new systems and applications.
- The Transaction Coordinator will need to be organized and detail oriented as they monitor dozens of files - all at different stages in the loan process - to make sure paperwork is signed promptly, appraisals are ordered, and underwriters review files in accordance with closing dates.
- The Transaction Coordinator will need to fit in with our office culture. We laugh. We yell. We curse like sailors. We love dogs. We're irreverent. And we're fun. We're also serious about our careers and about providing the best possible experience for our customers and referral partners. We keep it professional, even when we're not at work. We are aware that we represent our team and our company in our community. We live big. We love what we do. We work hard and play hard. We celebrate with grace and gratitude.
- Two years' experience in an administrative, sales support, or customer service role
- Ability to function independently. Specific tasks will need to be accomplished daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly. The Transaction Coordinator will be accountable for completing these tasks within deadlines and without reminders.
- The ability and desire to "jump in" and do what's necessary so the team is successful.
- Must possess good judgment, be able to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability and desire to become a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator and grow with the team and the company.
Benefits & Perks
We've done the heavy lifting! We've got a rock-solid process and a history of providing amazing customer service. We have the technology and resources in place to capture customer information, keep in touch, and deliver an efficient, polished experience.
This is a full time, 40-hour per week job (mostly) during regular business hours. The Transaction Coordinator will work from our office in Port Townsend.
Compensation package will include an hourly rate plus bonuses. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and more. Plus they get to work with all of us. And we're awesome.
Please submit cover letter and resume in .doc or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.